Starting today at noon Eastern Standard Time (EST), if you want to sponsor your parents or grandparents, you must start by completing an online form and submitting it to IRCC. This year, sponsors will be chosen at random from among those who complete the online form.
There is no rush to complete the online form right away. You have 30 days (from January 3, 2017, to February 2, 2017, at noon EST) to let us know you’re interested in applying to be a sponsor in the PGP.
Important information for you
– Before you fill out the form, make sure you are eligible to apply under the PGP.
– If you are eligible, be sure to include all the information requested on the form.
– Do not submit the form more than once. Doing so will not increase your chances of being chosen to apply to sponsor. The duplicate forms will be removed.
– Completing the form does not mean you have applied to sponsor under the PGP. It is just a way for you to tell you’d like to sponsor under the program.
– After you complete and submit the online form, you will be redirected to a confirmation page, where you will get a confirmation number. Keep this number for your records.
After the 30 days are over, the online form will be removed from IRCC website. IRCC will review each form and remove any duplicate forms. 10,000 numbered entries will be randomly chosen.
If your number is chosen, you will be contacted by email and invited to apply to sponsor your parents or grandparents. You will have 90 days from the date we contact you to send your complete application.
If your number is not chosen, you will be contacted by email to let you know. You can complete the online form again in 2018 if you wish.
Please contact us if you are interested.